6/07/2007

Two Choice Jigs

I've been back on a tin whistle kick lately, so I'm putting up two tunes that I've been working on: "The Humours of Glendart" and "Donnybrook Fair".

These jigs work very nicely together, the first being in the key of D and the second in G, allowing for a key change that is the equivalent of "dropping the car back in third and walking on her", as my brother says.

"The Humours of Glendart" I first met in a Planxty recording. On this track they called it "East at Glendart", but the tune is the same. "Donnybrook Fair" I heard paired "Glendart" on a ceiligh band recording (the band's name elludes me at the moment). The tune is also called "The Joys of Love".

Here they are in midi form. One of these days I may get around to posting the ABC notation for whistle playing:

The Humours of Glendart, Donnybrook Fair

No comments: