6/11/2007

Song Book City

So I've completed another song book. This one, like the other big book I have, contains only traditional music, or songs written by artists working in the traditional style. This one contains 127 songs at last count and there is still room to add more.

I now have four books: a big 200 some odd page, smaller new 130 or so page, a small book with common party tunes, and a Christmas carol book. I've had the lyrics and chords to a lot of songs lying around on my hard drive and wanted to take the time to organize them into a new collection.

This book contains a few of my favourite songs, including "Annie Laurie", "The Bard of Armagh", "Bonnie Woodhall", "The Curragh of Kildare", "The Foggy Shores of Home", "Little Musgrave", "The Mermaid Song", "The Rose of Saigon", "Slip Jigs and Reels", and "You Rambling Boys of Pleasure".

Most of these I either know how to play already, or will very soon.

No comments: