3/15/2008

Paddy's Day

Even though Paddy's Day is not until Monday there are, of course, parties occuring everywhere this weekend in celebration of being Irish (or not being Irish, whichever you prefer). Here it is no different. Tonight I happen to be playing with two other guys (Gary and Dave) at the Elks Club here. I've never been in the building before, but I'm sure it will be fun. We've had a couple practices and have a set list lined up. Here's what we are doing:

  1. Botany Bay
  2. Foggy Shores of Home
  3. Fiddler's Green
  4. Big Strong Man
  5. Excursion Around the Bay
  6. Will You Go Lassie Go
  7. Walk in the Irish Rain
  8. Tickle Cove Pond
  9. The Streets of London
  10. Catch the Wind

We have a couple back up tunes ready in case there's a situation where filler will be required, either for us or any of the other performers. In an hour I have to leave to do a sound check and final practice run of a couple songs. I've been looking forward to this, but am only now starting to get a tiny bit nervous. Nerves are funny like that.

I'll be on guitar, bouzouki, tin whistle, and bodhran tonight. I'll be switching between these the whole time. Should be fun as long as I remember what I'm playing! Hopefully I'll have pictures or a video or two to put up later. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.