1/11/2008

First Steps

Since Christmas I've been spending a lot of time working on the bouzouki. The first thing I did was do a google search to find bouzouki chords. There are a lot of different tunings. I prefer the standard Irish bouzouki tuning - GDAD. I will, no doubt, experiment more with others as time progresses. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, here is the site that I got them from:

Brian's Huge Chordlist Collection

There is so much I want to do with this thing that I'm almost boggled by it. It's the perfect instrument for me since it has a full enough sound to accompany singing, while being well suited to picking tunes. At the moment I'm learning some tunes I've always played on guitar and trying to work out some fills for them. I'm mainly concerned at the moment with becoming familiar with chord fingerings and keys. So far I haven't had to play much outside of D, G, or C. I can use a capo for other changes, but I'd like to go beyond this with time.

In the meantime, this is the first song I learned on the bouzouki.


No comments: