8/06/2007

The Cobb's Pond Music Festival

So I'm not long back from the Gander music festival where Gary, Dave, and I (collectively referred to as The Scruncheons) played our hearts out to a crowd of uncertain size. There were hundreds there for sure, maybe a thousand. Just how many is for the abacus to decide.

We took to the stage and began with a good upbeat song called "Botany Bay" to get the crowd going. We followed this with "The Wild Rover", "Will You Go, Lassie, Go?", "Foggy Shores of Home", "Catch the Wind", "Rare People" (an original of Gary's), "Theresa Maria", "Dirty Old Town", and we finished up with a good jumper "Excursion Around the Bay".

I think we all did great and for the most part things sounded good. I had a couple issues with the volume on my mic in "Foggy Shores", but this was cleared up. The sound guy also wasn't sure what to do with the tin whistle and it took "Go, Lassie, Go" to straighten that one out. In all we did a great job. This was my first paid show, so go me!

Here are a couple pics of the event, showing The Scruncheons in action:



Tuning up.



The Scruncheons (Gary, Dave, and I)



My rendition of Donovon's "Catch the Wind"



"Theresa Maria", a great whistle tune.

No comments: